How to Bike with Dogs
- The dog must be large enough so as to not be able to easily go between the bike wheels.
- Attach the leash/lead under the bike seat so that your hands are free.
- The length of the leash must be so that the dog cannot get in front of the bike.
- Keep the dog on the curb side of the bike (e.g. on the right side in the USA, and on the left side in Britain).
- Go at the dog's pace. Do not force them unless in a brief situation like clearing an intersection.
- Be prepared suddenly stop. Some dogs can suddenly stop to poo.
Multiple dog caveats:
- At first, the dogs will vie for lead. They will eventually settle into positions.
- You will occasionally need to untangle the leashes. Less so after the dogs settle into positions.